Tuesday 17 July 2007

Dangerous: Low Volume Markets

Yesterday was not bad in the beginning as I had traded two matches with a result of about +€21.

Then I moved to another market (Zabaleta - Vliegen). I had traded the way I always do but something was wrong. As I put in my order it was accepted much more later than in "normal" markets. Strange I thought. Then I saw the cause: The market volume was too low and I remembered the situation of the Ferrero-match on which I was wiped out (in the bginning of this blog). Anyhow it was very hard to get my order matched even I knew what to do: getting out as fast as you can!! The prices rushed away! It resulted in a very high minus of about -€44 so that my actual balance has shrinked very much.

The lesson I learned: Do not trade in low volume markets. IT IS DANGEROUS!! For me a market has to show a fundamental interest. I will work out some clues until the weekend. So there will not be any trade until then. DAMN!

I will place the balance-pic in the afternoon because I am not at home right now.

2 comments:

Jaco said...

Ouch! If you let things ride in these markets (and you are right), it works out normally. However, I've also learnt the hard way that active trading and inactive markets don't go together.

Losing is fine as long as we don't repeat the same mistakes.

ekcite said...

definetily right!!