Sunday 21 October 2007

The dogs instead of horses!

Result since last post: +33.14€

On my way to new winnings I tried pre-horse trading but that did not work as I was hoping for. On some days my strategy worked well but on the next day it didn't... eating my hard earned winnings. So by only achieving a winning amount of about 5€ in 3 days AND risking the whole bank in running (because of chasing losses) I switched to the dogs.

From 19th october on I have won 21.28€ and that does sound much better to me than the risky horse trading. I know that you have to have very good knowledge by tipping the dogs but the past showed me that I did quite well.

By betting the dogs I had to think about a new money management. Here are my thoughts about two versions:

1) I always risk max. 10% of my bank. That means if I have 200€ I will risk 20€ (backing and/or laying). So by adding the win of a race, e.g. 4€ I will risk 20.4€ the next race.

2) I will start with a 10% risk of my bank and I will risk that amount adding all winnings until I achieved an overall win of 3-4 times the 10% risk. Then I will add the amount to the 200€ and start again with 10%.
That means I will risk 20€ in the first dog race. Then, adding a hypothetical win of 4€ my next races risk will be 24€ instead of the 20.4€ in the other example... and so on until I get to 60-80€ ...addded to 200€ results in 280€. The next risk will be 28€... trying to achieve 112€.

The second version assumes a better strike rate in winnings I think but the bank grows faster.

What do you think about these thoughts? Maybe you can give some feedback.

Cya all! Good luck!

ps: I changed my presentation of results to the old style.

No comments: